Christmas holiday season is a special time of year for all of
us, and it's especially
important during the hustle-bustle to keep an eye on our Cats
and Dogs to be sure they stay Safe and Healthy. Here are a few
Reminders of Health Hazards to pets:
Hazards Around the
If pets chew on and ingest Ribbon or
Tinsel, these can get caught up in the intestines
and/or stomach and cause obstructions, which may lead to a trip
to your Vet.
Electric Cords, if chewed
can electrocute your pet. It's best to hide or cover them up ...
out of sight = out of mind. We usually place our fresh cut trees
in water. Christmas tree water
may contain fertilizers, and if ingested can cause
stomach upset. Stagnant tree water is a breeding ground for
Bacteria and can lead to nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Holiday Foods that may make your pet ill, or cause
death: candy or gum containing Xylitol (a non-sugar sweetner),
Yeast dough, Coffee grounds, coffee beans, chocolate covered
espresso beans, Alcoholic beverages,Onions and onion powder,
Toxic Holiday Plants include
Lilies, Poinsettias, Mistletoe and Holly.